The Extract Precise Polyline add-on extracts a line of points defined by entering the (x,y,z) coordinates of a start and end points.
- Written by: Unknown; last modified by Ardith Ketchum and Ben Medina-Orton
- Compatible with: Tecplot 10, Focus, 360
- Macro Language: none.
- Known Limitations:
Separate version for 360/Focus 2008R2 and newer - see below
Works only with 2D and 3D.
Please use the forums for questions and comments.
Files: (right-click and save)
- Download the add-on (or compile the source). For windows, copy the .dll to your Tecplot "bin" directory. For all other platforms, copy the shared library to the Tecplot "lib" directory.
- Edit your tecplot.add file and append this line:
- Start Tecplot
- The menu option will appear under Tools
- In a 3D grid, the dialog looks like this:
Tecplot 360/Focus 2008 Release 2 or newer:
Tecplot 10, earlier versions of Tecplot 360/Focus:
- Windows DLL (pre-compiled): extprec.dll
- Intel Mac (pre-compiled): libextprec.so
- PPC Mac (pre-compiled): libextprec_ppc.so (rename this as libextprec)
- Source: extprec.zip
Building is pretty straight forward, but it does use the adkutil library distributed with Tecplot, so be sure to link with that library!
Linux users: if you send me the compiled version, I'll post it here.