[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
animating different plot styles at the same time - Tecplot Talk

animating different plot styles at the same time

Moderators: davetaflin, salter, steve, jprenaud, straton, Chris Idso

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sudheer_tenneti

animating different plot styles at the same time

Postby sudheer_tenneti » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:34 pm

jim
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: animating different plot styles at the same time

Postby jim » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:36 am

sudheer_tenneti

Postby sudheer_tenneti » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:40 am

gittenlucky

Postby gittenlucky » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:55 am

Hello, Thank you both for this thread, it has been helping me along in my work. I am trying to do a similar thing where I have a contour plot as well as a plot that shows a discrete source location. I have a separate file for each that is broken down into separate zones that represent the simulation time. I am able to use the Data->Time strand feature to get it to plot both at the same time, however, it always seems to turn on the scatter feature for all of the points. I just want the scatter for the source and the contour for the solution (Im working with the adv.diff. equation). Thank you for your help!

Ben

Postby Ben » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:21 am

If you open the Zone Style dialog, you should have two entries: one for the contour and one for the point. Go to the Scatter tab, and set Scat Show=No for the contour entry.

gittenlucky

Postby gittenlucky » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:26 am

Thanks for the reply Ben, I have been poking around that a bit. If I try to edit the zone styles after I have done the editing of the time strands, I only get the option to edit 2 zones (one for the contour and one for the source at the same time step). I can edit them at each time step to get the solution I am looking for, but I can not seem to edit them all at the same time, just the ones for the current time step. I am able to edit them all if I do it before I assign the time strand, but after I assign the time strand it just adds all of the scatter points to my contour plot.

gittenlucky

Postby gittenlucky » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:33 am

I seem to have figured it out... I sorted my zones in the "Edit Time Strands" dialog so that they were first sorted by time, then by number. Then When I edited a zone style on a single time step, it held for all of the others.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate the quick support TecPlot offers in these forums.

Now Time to add another source and make my plots a bit more interesting :)

Return to “Animation”