[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Advice for MPI and Writting output file - Tecplot Talk

Advice for MPI and Writting output file

Moderators: davetaflin, salter, steve, jprenaud, straton, Chris Idso

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
j_mcbo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Advice for MPI and Writting output file

Postby j_mcbo » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:41 am

Dear community;
You may have had the same issue that I am having now. I upgraded my code to run in MPI, but the most challenging part is the writing the file for tecplot.
Since I am using MPI functions i,e: MPI_WRITE_ALL, the way the solution is written seems to be wrong. First of all, how do you specify the format in MPI_WRITE_ALL, and secondly and more important how do you manage the writing itself. Because, I usually use one zone and write in a do loop like:
do j=1, jmax
do i=1,imax
write(format, file) = x(i,j), y(i,j),u_old(i,j) and so forth
enddo
endo
the problem here is that every rank will start writing from x(i,j). That is not a problem because I can consider the imax from the previous rank. The problem is that each rank will dump all the information from y(i,j) from zero to ymax. Here there is no a shortcut or quick fix because this is how tecplot requires to read the file.
How have you solve this inconvenience in MPI and tecplot? Suggestions, advice .... etc..

Thanks

Return to “Loading Data”