[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Error with loading an ASCII (.dat) file - Tecplot Talk

Error with loading an ASCII (.dat) file

Moderators: davetaflin, salter, steve, jprenaud, straton, Chris Idso

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Boris
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Error with loading an ASCII (.dat) file

Postby Boris » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:44 am

Greetings all!

I hope you can advice me on the following issue I encounter.

I write a bunch of numerical values in an ASCII (.dat) file format. My aim is to subsequently load the file it in Tecplot 360.

I am very well familiar with the ASCII file content and the arrangement of data inside it. However, I come across the following error when I load the file in Tecplot: " Error occured on line 3. Line too long. ".

I believe that I know the reason for this problem. According to the Tecplot Data Format guide, I exceed the maximum number of characters per line, which is 32,000. I exceed the limit, because the .dat file I write has a lot of numerical values in a row ( as a result of setting DATAPACKING = BLOCK ).

My question is what command I have to type on a line, in order to tell Tecplot that the given data seamlessly continues on the next line/row?

I hope I am clear enough and this is the right section to post this thread!

Thank you in advance for the attention and help!

Return to “Loading Data”